Saturday, February 9, 2013

Food Photography

I am at present busy doing a series of shoots for a cook book. It is lots of fun (tasting all the dishes!) and challenging at the same time.

The lighting decision that I made in the very beginning of the project was based on using a versatile and easy to replicate lighting setup. The shoot was going to take place (in the client's home), over a period of a few months, which ruled out the use of natural light (seasonal factors being one reason). To enable me to shoot at wide apertures (creative decision) and use even flash light, I decided to use two diffused studio flash heads, bouncing the light from the ceiling.



This whole idea, of course, had to change when it came to shooting the chapter dividers... small apertures and overhead shots need lots of light.

I am so looking forward to the end result (the book) and really very keen to take my food photography to the next dimension.

Johnathan Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment